Thread: NetRemote "QuickStart"

Default NetRemote "QuickStart"

One of the problems using NetRemote is that the startup is pretty abrupt. Ihe installer will set the netremote-demo.ccf as default, but you still need to go into each driver and set it for your HTPC's settings.

I've setup NetRemote to now give you a 3 step quickstart, where it will allow you to enter a default host (which will be the default for all drivers), and if no ccf is selected it will tell you why the file dialog is about to open, etc. With the default host entered, no other configuration is required to get up and running.

Here is a shot of the two message boxes and the dialog. Although simple to implement, I think this will make it a lot easier for the general user to jump in feet first and use the demo.

Very good idea! And when the user made CCFs starts to pile up, consider my suggestion of letting the users choose between different CCFs for different uses (one for Zoom and MC, one for MC only, one for MC and PowerDVD and so on). 8)
    Tor - managing director of the Cinema Inferno home theater and multi-zone sound system with Girder running the show in the back, NetRemote as the GUI and Media Center 17, PowerDVD and ZoomPlayer as playback software
    Hobsyssel mastiffs: http://www.hobsyssel.no