Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: NetRemote 0.995 Available

Default NetRemote 0.995 Available

Hello everyone,
    As it's been quite some time, I am making 0.995 available for forum consumption. Other than a few bug fixes, this will be the last version before 1.0.

Right up front I'll let you know that Tor and I are working on a bug that happens all the time on his device, but is not reproduceable thus far on any of my devices.

I have created a NetRemote-Suite installer that will install everything needed - including version 0.995 of Win32 and PPC. That installer is available here. I'll need to update this with the newest versions of WinLuaEx and LuaEvents, etc in the coming week.

Win32
    Pocket PC 2K2/2K3 installer
    Pocket PC 2K2/2K3 zipped cab

Please Note: You'll need olece300.dll in your NetRemote directory on your simpad in addition to mfc300.dll.

I will provide sample ccfs of some increased functionality in a few days, but for now I want to ensure that these releases are stable with your ccfs. Note that the syntax of web browsing has changed and has new functionality (see next post for an attached sample browse.ccf). In addition, the text field has changed, but I don't believe anyone is using that yet. Please let me know if you have. I'll provide samples for this in the coming days.

This version (once again) preps for a 1.0 release, and as such has a bunch of cleanup things included, and changes the architecture around, hopefully for more stability.

I am going to create a test plan for myself, including all of the pieces of functionality needing to be tested. I have not done this before, and it has left some pretty large gaps of things I've broken while improving stability and functionality. I'll need all of your help with this, and I'll start it shortly.

Major Enhancements
    * New enhancements to browsing (see above) allow for any number of embedded browsers
    * Parts of JRMC faster (through streamlining of the protocol)
    * JRMC Search now has it's own result listbox (instead of part of the tree)
    * Playing now has it's own listbox (in addition to part of the tree)
    * Added buttons to the config pages to allow for easier use from the Simpad
    * pronto.ttf now loaded from NetRemote directory (no longer needs to be installed in fonts directory)
    * NetRemote can now be put anywhere on the PPC. (Suggestion: Move your current NetRemote directory to NetRemote2, install 0.995, move 0.995 to NetRemoteNew and then NetRemote2 back to NetRemote - now you have your stable version and 0.995 both installed)
    * Direct IR ready for public trial - select Direct IR beta and fire away. Please let me know the type of your device when reporting working/not working status.
    * Architecture changed to provide for COM exports from NetRemote (more information on this later)
    * Added ability to embed com objects as buttons (more information on this later)
    * Centered button text that is too long will be left aligned (and ... added on Win32)
    * Ability to hide buttons based on state (see here)
    * Added Tools\Fullscreen to menu bar (for Simpad where you may not be able to click buttons in the top 26 pixels in nonfullscreen mode)
    * Added ability to configure date/time formats (see here)
    * Added more fields to the list that JRMC exports to NetRemote

Major Bugs Fixed
    * Horizontal scrollbars were broken
    * Cover art from JRMC wouldn't always update in XL mode
    * Girder would not reconnect on resume

A few things I want to add for 1.0
    * IR Learn
    * The ability to disable playing now entirely (for people that have 3000+ tracks and performance isn't so good)
    * Ability to set a font for all buttons (instead of default pronto)
    * And that's pretty much it, as I want to get 1.0 out the door so I can begin using some of your other suggestions on the next version.

Thanks everyone.

Here is the sample browse.ccf. It includes 2 sample browsers with buttons in the upper right that show how to set the browsers to URLs.

It also shows two text boxes using that new functionality. Note that it use to use the button name to "link" to a variable. Now the IR name does that, with no { }'s.

Please note browsing is still unusable on the simpad. This object required to do this does not exist on the simpad, and I'm investigating other possibilities.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Aw heck, I've attached a sample JRMC control ccf, which is basically the previous one with some graphics I created (using Lawdawg's graphics as a base) and a free for non-commercial use graphic that many of you have probably seen before.

This sample uses the new playing now format, the new search format, and is the one I use on the tablet in my kitchen (which only controls audio)
    Attached Images Attached Images

The bug Ben mentiones is something I'd very much like some help with. It only concerns the PPC version and what happens is that sometimes the page locks up when jumping between screens. It's driving me crazy, especially since Ben can't reproduce it, and I have it on both my PPCs! I have attached a small CCF to this. The only thing it does is to jump betwen the two screens (except for the close and full screen buttons on the front page). The bottom thre rows of buttons are the worst. Please test this on your PPC and shout out loud if it locks up.
    Tor - managing director of the Cinema Inferno home theater and multi-zone sound system with Girder running the show in the back, NetRemote as the GUI and Media Center 17, PowerDVD and ZoomPlayer as playback software
    Hobsyssel mastiffs: http://www.hobsyssel.no

Hi Tor,

Yes - it's been happening to me too with my CCF. Exactly the same symptoms. There is one partiular Jump (to Home:Home) where it happens about 50% of the time. I told Ben last week - but as he says, he can't reproduce it, which makes it a bit tricky to pin down!

But there's a "chicken and egg" situation here. I only have 0.995 installed onto my development setup, which does not get a great deal of day-to-day use. So I have yet to work out the pattern of the failure from this limited usage. BUT I don't want to put it on the "live" domestic HTPC as it would be not reliable enough! So that still runs 0.994.

Brian

So this is on the Win32? It doesn't happen for me there!
    Tor - managing director of the Cinema Inferno home theater and multi-zone sound system with Girder running the show in the back, NetRemote as the GUI and Media Center 17, PowerDVD and ZoomPlayer as playback software
    Hobsyssel mastiffs: http://www.hobsyssel.no

No! Sorry not to be clear.

The problem appears on the PPC only. But I have two "server" systems (the main HTPC and my development system) and two PPCs (one each). And it is the PPC running 0.995 that locks up when I press on "Home".

I don't use NR on Win32 except for development. But I haven't seen the problem there.

Brian

Default Re: NetRemote 0.995 Available

Quote Originally Posted by Ben S
    * Direct IR ready for public trial - select Direct IR beta and fire away. Please let me know the type of your device when reporting working/not working status.
    I may be being dim, but I don't see the Direct IR plugin - I tried a hard reset and a reinstall but nothing.

Also, if I start NR in the cradle it shuts down within a couple of seconds - here's what the log says :-

NetRemote: 185445 Loading hotkeys
    NetRemote: 207365 Loading drivers
    NetRemote: 207556 Loaded all drivers
    NetRemote: 207557 Getting skin filename
    NetRemote: 207559 Attempting to load ccf
    NetRemote: 207754 SW,SH: 240,320
    NetRemote: 207761 Creating offscreen buffers (SC: 0, BI: 0)
    NetRemote: 207767 Buffers created
    JRMCDriver: 209306 recv error: 10054

GenericDriver: 209314 recv error: 10054

GenericDriver: 209319 Error:
    Girder: 209321 Error sending MD5 password to girder

I'm not running either Girder or MC. BTW This is all with the demo CCF loaded.

And, one other minor thing - the installer claims that it's going to install 0.993 (it does install the correct version though).

ok, let me be the first with my comments :

good :

* after renaming MP.GACAlbumName and MP.GACAlbumArtist to MP.GACName, the MC stuff worked again...

* super fast play smartlist/playlist (7 days random = 2400 tracks = only 3 sec) I am really happy with that

* if random play is on, after selecting play playlist, the tracks are now properly randomized.

* horizontal scroll bar is ok now

* changing web browser url on the same page is ok now (as per browse.ccf example)

bad :

* browser back button crashes netremote

* MP.GACAlbumCount doesn't work anymore (probably something that I need to change in the new version :?: )

* this is still extremly slow (no difference with .994)

MP.GACCount,45
    MP.GACSize,N
    MP.GACStart,0
    MP.GACScheme,Media Library\Audio\Disk Location
    GAC {MP.GACScheme} {MP.GACStart} {MP.GACCount} {MP.GACSize}

changeing to
    MP.GACScheme,Media Library\Audio\Artist

doesn't help.

* if I have a large 'playing now' playlist (12000 tracks) NR needs about 40 seconds before play/pause etc. work again
    If I play a playlist of 2400 tracks, NR needs about 15 seconds before play/pause etc. work again (as mentioned above, the songs start playing after 3 seconds)
    the current playing title/album cover, total track time etc. also already update after 3 seconds. but the current track time only updates after 40/15 seconds.

Marcel

Rah99 - You can select Direct IR by going to the Infrared plugin and selecting "Direct" as the mode.

Regarding it not starting, if you're not using Girder or JRMC, remove those plugins from your plugins directory and see if it still shuts down.

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast