Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Three 1.0 drivers

Default Three 1.0 drivers

The Avid Utils Driver is a NetRemote driver, It contains a small collection of capabilities which are thought to be generally useful.

1. A general-purpose text input or display “button”, which (under CCF/LUA control) can be edited by the user and will set a NetRemote variable, whose button IR name is that of a variable, to the edited text. The text and its background will have the font and colors specified in the CCF, including transparent. The text can scroll manually (using a slider button) or automatically, either horizontally or vertically.

2. A general-purpose drop-down menu to display and change a NetRemote variable between a list of available values, which may be dynamically constructed.

3. The option to prevent the computer from suspending or displaying a screen saver while certain panels are displayed and specified variables are changing . By placing a button with a KeepAwake driver action on a panel, whose button IR name is that of a variable, the computer will not suspend while the variable (e.g. a position counter) is changing. When the variable is no longer changing (e.g. when paused or stopped), the computer will be able to suspend or display a screen saver as normal.

4. An action to play a sound stored in a WAV file.

5. An action to request that a variable is set after a period of time, perhaps repeatedly.

6. A built-in NetRemote variable “Avid.FlashState” which will change its value, alternating between “0” and “1” each second. It is appropriate to use as all or part of the STATE modifier for a button and so can make it flash.

The driver runs with NetRemote version 1.0 or above.
    Attached Files Attached Files

The Zoom Driver is a NetRemote driver for controlling the playing of DVDs and media files via Zoom Player.

It is intended to avoid the need to use Girder and DVDSpy in order to control and get feedback from Zoom Player. The driver talks directly with Zoom Player via its TCP interface.

The driver runs with NetRemote version 1.0 or above and communicates with Zoom Player version 4.0 or above.

The driver supports:
    - Execution of any Zoom Player function that can be assigned to a key. This means any standard function, any extended function, or any "special operation" such as the DVD menu navigation arrows.
    - Feedback of the state of the playing DVD or media file via a wide range of NetRemote variables.
    - A position slider control for rapid navigation within the playing DVD or media file.
    - Automatic jumping between NetRemote panels whenever Zoom Player enters or leaves "Menu mode".

The WMP9 Jukebox is a NetRemote driver and matching server application for controlling the playing of music via Windows Media Player 9 (WMP9). It will play albums and tracks from the media library and the CD drive.

It is intended to be simpler than the J River Media Center driver. As such, it does not currently support:
    - Album cover display
    - Automatic playlists
    - Random play
    I personally would not use those features, and so have not bothered to implement them.

However, it does support:
    - Selecting albums and tracks to play by album title and/or artist
    - Creation, deletion and playing of named playlists
    - Re-ordering the "Now Playing" list by drag and drop
    - Basic player controls
    - Track information and position feedback to NetRemote variables.
    - Position slider

Default Re: Three 1.0 drivers

Quote Originally Posted by avid
    Rob - the KeepAwake also purports to work in the Win32 version. Are you in a position to try this? I can only test on a PPC myself.
    Yes, I'll give it a try this afternoon.
    --Rob

It certainly stops the screen-saver from coming up.

Not sure about blocking suspending though - this machine has problems with suspending at the best of times.
    --Rob

Thanks, Avid! I wasn't even exepecting you to be that fast coming out with the driver! I will test it tonight, when we have a theater evening (my son's best friend and his father are coming over to watch "007 - Moonraker" with me and my son in the HT)! Great!
    Tor - managing director of the Cinema Inferno home theater and multi-zone sound system with Girder running the show in the back, NetRemote as the GUI and Media Center 17, PowerDVD and ZoomPlayer as playback software
    Hobsyssel mastiffs: http://www.hobsyssel.no

I will test it tonight, when we have a theater evening
    Phew - brave man! I would not test out new software with someone else watching.

Can't be that bad. If it all goes wrong, when I turn it off I'm sure Zoom won't have a grudge against me. :wink:
    Tor - managing director of the Cinema Inferno home theater and multi-zone sound system with Girder running the show in the back, NetRemote as the GUI and Media Center 17, PowerDVD and ZoomPlayer as playback software

Great work, Brian!

OK, your comment made me think, and since I'm a chicken at heart I at least tested the Win32 version in advance (since I don't take my notebook into the HT). I can't remember if the slider problems only came with the PPC or both, but even without the slider throttled on the Win32, and with totally stupid CPU and disk use (watching the DVD on the HTPC with a remote administrator from the notebook at the same time as I'm doing a backup of my MP3 library on the HTPC) the slider doesn't lock up anything. And what's more: The slider in NetRemote starts showing the correct minutes and seconds after a quick and long move even faster than the one in the ZoomPlayer interface! :shock: Great work, dude! The next step will of course be the PPC version... You'll hear from me! :wink:

Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast