Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A new DVD Spy and a new spy technique

I've submitted a new version (1. of the DVDSpy plug-in. This one supports TheaterTek DVD and Zoom Player, the current software players of choice. It works with Zoom Player in both DVD and Media modes.

The way I did this was to wrap some DirectX objects via COM aggregation. The aggregate gives the Windows message hook sub rosa access to the active filters.

The new player support is pretty general. It should actually work for any player that uses the DirectShow DVD Navigator filter, particularly if it wakes up via WM_TIMER every second or so. If someone knows of one I've missed that they'd like to add (and has it for testing), let me know and we can get it done. About all that's needed is the name of the executable.

The wrapping is also general. Adding access to another filter should just require the CLSID. There's also a hack to enable GraphEdit to Connect to any filter graph that gets wrapped.

Precisely which version of WinDVD are you using? It still works for me with 3.1 (3.1.91.17 for the WinDVD.exe file).

Anyway of getting DVDspy to detect pal or ntsc disk from Ttek?

also see this thread re this on immersive forum http://www.immersiveforum.com/immers...&threadid=3120

Thanks rick

Would be nice to have Zoomplayer support. Can I just replace the previous plug in without making any other modifications?

Wykat

To use the latest version and get ZP support, you need not only to replace DVDSpy.dll and DisplaySpyHook.dll but also to install MediaSpy.dll and run regsvr32 on it. This second step is needed for the DirectX wrapping described above.

Everything else should be the same and your old .GIR files should continue to work.

Where is the download ? Checked again on the download page but that's still 1.10 (19.1.02).

rgrds,
    Wykat

I looked it up in my email program ( to see what the last version is that Mike sent me ) and the latest version is 1.10. This should include Zoomplayer support.

Yep, sorry my mistake. I thought the topic started in feb, but did start in Jan.

I've never entered the regserv, so that may have been the reason not all functions have worked as expected :wink: .

thx,
    Wykat

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wykat on 2002-02-23 15:54 ]</font>

Any chance of getting support for RealMagic's DVD Station?

-will

On 2002-02-24 20:31, Caffiend wrote:
    Any chance of getting support for RealMagic's DVD Station?

-will
    I think that is a hardware specific solution. That means someone can't just download it and try it out.

If you can compile C++ code, you could try enabling that .EXE in the hook. If it uses the standard DirectShow DVD Navigator in the ordinary way, then the same hooks as the other newer players use ought to work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast