Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hauppauge WinTV driver update: use different remotes!

Default Hauppauge WinTV driver update: use different remotes!

Hi again, it's been a while since I last contributed to the scene but I just wanted to let you all know that I have modified my WinTV (bt8x8) driver to recognize more remote controls. I have succesfully tried it with an Arcam remote and all buttons were correctly recognized (with no conflicts in keycodes between buttons). So now there is no reason at all anymore to use uICE over Girder
    I hope you like it!

Edit: Oh yeah, forgot to mention: not all remotes will work. The hardware will only listen for Philips compatible remotes.

Edit 2: This is still an early version of the plugin, and there might still be issues to which the fixes might require changing the code scheme so don't go recording hundreds of events yet, since you might have to change them all again if a new version comes out with different codes.
    Hauppauge WinTV Primio FM, Arcam CR-314 remote control

Update:
    - Added repeat recognition: now pld1 will contain 'repeat' or 'firstpress' depending on wether the event was te result of holding down a button or pressing a button. In other words, when holding down a button the first event will carry 'firstpress' and all following events until the button is released again will carry 'repeat'
    - Fixed possible code collisions (ie two different buttons with the same code). I had to change the codes for this, so you'll have to re-record any events that don't use the standard Hauppauge remote control

I'd love to get some feedback from here!

Edit: new release, see below.

I have a WinTV PVR250, and I use snapstream beyondtv. I have a phillips / magnavox TV that seems to interfere with the remote control of the PVR. It seems to engage the FF/REW when I attempt to adjust the volume on the TV. The volume is the only control I use on the TV.

I am not using girder (yet), as it seems a bit silly to spend yet another $20 on this project to fix one little malfunction, but I am thinking about it, if it will indeed correct my issue.

Quote Originally Posted by tansa6
    I have a WinTV PVR250, and I use snapstream beyondtv.
    This plugin will only work with bt8x8 based WinTV cards, which the PVR250 isn't as far as I know. However, you might have some luck with the universal WinTV plugin for Girder. You could use girder in the demo mode to see if it fixes your problem.

Another new release. This time the logging is disabled (forgot to remove it in the previous builds, sorry). Thanks to Boris for notifying me.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi,

Would you mind uploading your plugin via the Developer's link at the top of the web page?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C
    Hi,

Would you mind uploading your plugin via the Developer's link at the top of the web page?
    It's done

I don't quite gt where the dtvdrv.dll, dtvdrv95.vxd and dtvdrvnt.sys comes from. Also when having the wintv.dll in the plugin dir on my girder 3.3 installation I get the ""because MFC71.DLL was not found" error.

There's another plugin, called Hauppauge IR. Is there any relationship between these?

Hi!
    Is there any way to get this plugin's source code? It's GPL, isn't it? Couldn't find it in the download section though.
    It would be nice if someone could give me a hint whether it's available, where to find it or maybe they could send it to me. Thanks a lot!

Really nice plugin btw

Quote Originally Posted by joche
    I don't quite gt where the dtvdrv.dll, dtvdrv95.vxd and dtvdrvnt.sys comes from. Also when having the wintv.dll in the plugin dir on my girder 3.3 installation I get the ""because MFC71.DLL was not found" error.

There's another plugin, called Hauppauge IR. Is there any relationship between these?
    I'm having the same issue. This is on a fresh install of the WinTV software and girder. I can't find the MFC71.DLL anywhere on my drive, nor the dtv*.* files.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast