Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plug-in for Human interface Devices

Default Plug-in for Human interface Devices

Hi all,
    I was wandering if there's any hope for the development of a plug-in for IR recievers(or other devices) installed as a human interface device. Just like the one uIce has for HID devices.
    I have a sony infrared reciever(that is configured to work only with giga pocket, a sony tv software) and i can't get it to work with Girder.
    I'd be nice if there was a plug-in for it cos i've seen a couple of topics about this. Unfortunately i don't have any programming knowledge but i'm willing to be a tester.

Adecold

Hi,

Its something we have wanted to do for awhile. All of our efforts are on Girder 4 right now. We are not sure that contracting something like this out would be worth the cost, so if we do it it would have to be in house or done by a user.

Adecold,

Wow! I've finally met another GigaPocket user on this forum. Welcome.

I'm not sure that even with an HID plugin, you would be able to receive events from the Sony remote commander though, because that seems to use it's own program for receiving events (I think it's actually called Remote Commander).

I'd suggest you pick up a USB-UIRT since that can receive commands from just about any IR remote control, including Sony's. The cost is about $20 and it works great for me.

Chris

I've almost completed a plugin for my usb based FusionRemote control.
    The Fusion remote is a HID, and the plugin has a config that allows different HID's to be used, though I haven't tested it with anything other than the Fusion. Might work.

Doogle,

Cool. Do you need a plugin id?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C
    Doogle,

Cool. Do you need a plugin id?
    Yes

Default News?

Any news on this plugin? I too have this remote and would be interested in using it with Girder.

Thanks,
    Chris

Its up for downloading.

Hi Doogle,

I have a Fusion USB IR receiver which I would like to use with Girder and it looks like your plug-in will do the trick.

But, I want to use a remote control unit with more buttons than the Fusion unit has - can you tell me if the Fusion IR receiver will work with any remote control unit, or is it restricted to a particular manufacturer's command set?

I have tried several different brands of remotes that I have, but the Fusion receiver only seems to recognise Phillips codes - is that correct?

Generally, these receivers will only work with their remotes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast