Thread: IR Challange

Default IR Challange

I've installed the trailversion of NetRemote Pro and installed JLee's exelent "jleeccf2-3" file on my new ppc LOOX 720, and playing with J River Media Center works exelent!!!

But, can I use this CCF to controll my AV equipment without using Girder? But use The IR plugin "Passhthrough" and my USB-UIRT?

I've set the port number on 4998 on both NRIRserver and on the ppc. Although I don't have the same DVD player as JLee have, I should see som reaction from the USB-UIRT anyway? (Pointing on it with my Pronto shure gives a heavy flashing)
    Or do I have to have the spesific IR signal for the e.g."playbutton" of my Pioner DVD installed, to see some reaction from the UIRT?

If I have to have the "Pioner IR signal" to see some reaction, or of course, be able to control my DVD player, where do I load the IR-signal /string?

I'm not an expert, but do know the basic's on using Tonto, because I have a Pronto RU-940.

Opening JLee's file in Tonto, does not show a "typical" IR-string in the "playbutton", but more like a "NetRemote signal...?

I'm probably missunderstanding the whole point here, but I'm villing to learn :roll:

In advance, Thank you!

Some of the 'Direct IR' experts like Wilhelm & Mastiff will be along soon to help. In the meantime I'll just explain that the IR action you see in my ccf is the code to send a command to girder. The IR name is the name of the event in girder that is attached to the USB-UIRT action that sends the IR. NR & Girder interaction are explained in the guide that MikeC has put at the top of this board.
    JLee
    OpusNR & JLee CCF/GML available in the downloads section.

Direct IR? Nah. Don't know much about that. USB-UIRT, that's another thing. I have had a few messages back and forth with 2re today, and I really thought this was sorted out. You sure you're on passthrough in NetRemote, not on globalcache? And are you sure that NRIRServer, when you open/restore it, shows USB-UIRT in the listbox? And finally are you sure you haven't got a firewall on there blocking it? If you have installed XP Service Pack 2, you're in trouble, that firewall is totally hopeless and a pain in the ass to configure.
    Tor - managing director of the Cinema Inferno home theater and multi-zone sound system with Girder running the show in the back, NetRemote as the GUI and Media Center 17, PowerDVD and ZoomPlayer as playback software
    Hobsyssel mastiffs: http://www.hobsyssel.no

Quote Originally Posted by mastiff
    If you have installed XP Service Pack 2, you're in trouble, that firewall is totally hopeless and a pain in the ass to configure.
    1. Open Windows Security Center
    2. Select Windows Firewall
    3. Select 'Off'

Doesn't sound like a PITA to me.
    JLee

I said "configure", not turn off. If somebody hasn't got a desent firewall (like Black Ice Defender or Norton Personal Firewall) they need it, but it should not kill everything.
    Tor - managing director of the Cinema Inferno home theater and multi-zone sound system with Girder running the show in the back, NetRemote as the GUI and Media Center 17, PowerDVD and ZoomPlayer as playback software
    Hobsyssel mastiffs: http://www.hobsyssel.no

Luckily.... SP2 downloaded some weeks ago....... But not installed yet :wink:

Tore

Quote Originally Posted by mastiff
    I said "configure", not turn off. If somebody hasn't got a desent firewall (like Black Ice Defender or Norton Personal Firewall) they need it, but it should not kill everything.
    I guess we have different ways of configuring things.

That was my way.
    JLee