Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: " Out of Memory " error in NetRemote

Cool, The little project I am working on at the moment lost 55k!
    Thx, Dan

Onwards and Upwards!
    http://www.danward.co.uk

Just make sure you check all states of the buttons... thats 4 for each. I usually scan through the graphics to make sure I don't spot any that I don't want or duplicates that might be in there. It does make a difference when running NR on a slower machine.

John

Quote Originally Posted by danward79
    Cool, The little project I am working on at the moment lost 55k!
    Little?

Ok medium!
    Thx, Dan

Onwards and Upwards!
    http://www.danward.co.uk

Hi folks,

I am facing the same problem here. It has definetly something to do with the cover art / image files. In my case I'm sending cover files from G4 (G5) to NetRemote. After a few sent cover art I have the same problem as mentioned initially.

I am not cycling however, just sending cover art if needed (for example not every song if it's the same album). I tried to use the collectgarbage() function in LUA whenever a new cover file is received - but with no success. It looks to me that NetRemote is not cleaning up the temp-directory soon enough.

Is there any solution to keep temp-dir small? Or any other thing I can do about it?

Cheers,
    Marc

Marc I think this is not related to the previous posts because they are like three years old... look at the dates on the last post before yours.
    - John H
    * PROMIXIAN TO THE CORE! * (NetRemote2WholeHomePro + Girder5WholeHomePro + USB-UIRT + Touchscreens + WirelessControlSystems + ANNA) == AutomationHeaven
    - "IthinkI'mgoingtobantheuseofthespacebarinfuture..."

Oops,

I think you are right... What a fool I am. However, when I used the search function to find a solution to my problem this thread sounded so promising I was not taking care for the dates *lol*

I think I will re-open a new thread, because I haven't seen any other thread that applies to my problem.

Thanks for your advice.
    Marc

Don't worry... I've done it myself on numerous occasions..
    - John H
    * PROMIXIAN TO THE CORE! * (NetRemote2WholeHomePro + Girder5WholeHomePro + USB-UIRT + Touchscreens + WirelessControlSystems + ANNA) == AutomationHeaven
    - "IthinkI'mgoingtobantheuseofthespacebarinfuture..."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12