Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: IR/Infrared performance...

Hybrid View

Default IR/Infrared performance...

Hi all,

We would like to collect your experience using direct IR. We know that the Dell Axim series works well (apart from the x5) but we need a more complete list. Please post the good and bad. And, yes we know the ipaq's with a CIR diode are not working yet.

Bad: Original Fujitsu-Siemens PocketLoox (first version, I believe they called it the 600) - not only is the range lousy, it has the IR on the side, not on the top!
    Tor - managing director of the Cinema Inferno home theater and multi-zone sound system with Girder running the show in the back, NetRemote as the GUI and Media Center 17, PowerDVD and ZoomPlayer as playback software
    Hobsyssel mastiffs: http://www.hobsyssel.no

Don't know what Pocket Loox you're pointing at Mastiff ( Well, after you have add the modelinfo. I know...), but my LOOX 720 sure do 4 meters without problems. Though I have to aime direktly to the device. And the IR is on the top, not on the side.

This is the very first time I use the IR on NetRemote, so for all I know maybe it's possible to do some adjustments to improve the range? Any advice?
    2re

Pocket LOOX 720, MC 10, USB-UIRT, NetRemote Pro, Girder, XP Pro- SP2

Moving the "Transmitt priority" up to 100, increased the range as far as I could without climing out the windows, to 7 meters without problems. It also improved the angle. I've only tested it on my Jamaha RX-V640 Receiver.
    And Mastiff, you have partly right when it comes to the location of the IR. It's between the top and the front of the PDA. So I have to point the PDA a bit down to get "full power". Anyway it's a Lovely Loox!! :wink:
    2re

iPAQ 3970 less than 2 meters. (This is the only iPAQ I have that is in it's original state)
    SIMPad 3-4 meters, quite directional.
    Wilhelm

2re, what com port are you using for CIR?

I'm using the USB-UIRT, and it offers a simple plug-and-play solution without having to deal with some of the hassles of the classic serial-port (RS-232) version.

http://usbuirt.com/
    2re

I meant the COM port on your PDA. Are you not using NR to control your TV/Video etc etc?

So far I've not heard of anyone who's got NR & CIR to work on their Loox. RCII works perfect, so IT MUST be possible considering the PPC has Consumer IR.

Oh, sorry.
    I'm not using the direct IR to control the AV device's. I just did a test to check the perfomace of the Loox 720. I'm using NR with Girder to controll my AV device.

Maybe your problems is related to this topic?
    http://www.promixis.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10035

Due to this topic, it loox like I'm not able to test the IR on my Loox for the moment.
    But, checking the properties on the IR plugin shows that I was using COM4 on the Loox's IrDA Port when I did the test.
    2re

Yea, I have managed to get COM4 working (only by having RCII running while installing NR) But still, NR doesn't work correctly on COM4. RCII works fine, the range is good. But NR is terrible, there's even a note on the RCII site about it:

"Fujitsu Siemens Pocket LOOX 710 / 720 incl. CIR- IrDA- support for a extended transmit range.
    (Please use the CIR- IR- port COM4. If you have installed NetRemote you have to make a hard reset to remove it completely, because NR overwrites this CIR- port) "

that is the problem why NR won't work properly with the Loox 720

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast