0 0%
  • 95b (USB support)

0 0%

0 0%
  • other

1 7.14%

Thread: OS Platforms

Default OS Platforms

i was just wondering what OS's and what versions of them people are running.

i ask this because i just changed my PC and after some upgrades, i split it into two... a gaming PC and an all-purpose/media PC. on the latter of the two, i have only installed win XP. and it doesn't even have SP1 or 2 on it. i figure we'd want a good variety of different test platforms for testing, so i figured it'd be good to have a list of who all has what version OS (full version descriptions, Win2k SP4, WinXP SP1...). since my machine i'll be using to test girder on is a fresh install, i can easily go back and install win2k, or NOT install a service pack or two, if needs be.

i guess it'd also help to list the language of your OS if you're not using the default english setting. i've got win 98se, me, 2k, XP, and 2k3... so if one of those needs to be tested and no one else has that installed, i could install that on my machine, at least until beta testing is complete... i'll sacrifice if needs be, but if it's already taken care of, i'll just keep XP on it.
    <sig>
    </sig>

MCE XP - SP2 [english]
    XP - SP2 [english]
    Ron
    No support through PM

Quote Originally Posted by Ron
    MCE XP - SP2 [english]
    XP - SP2 [english]
    oops, i forgot about MCE (XP or 2005)... guess that goes under other then.

unless i need to use another platform not used, i'll be testing it on XP sp2 as well.
    <sig>
    </sig>

Hi,

I use XP with SP1, not taken the plunge properly on sp2 yet, I tried it on my Main PC and it messed it up!!! So am not brave enough.

When I get my backup disk, I will try it again.
    Thx, Dan

Onwards and Upwards!
    http://www.danward.co.uk

SP2 sucks. Unfortunately, it is slipstreamed with my version of XP. I hate microsoft with a passion. I have had to start over so many different things including starting my whole drive from scratch. At the time I think I lost 80 or 100 Gigs of stuff.
    :evil:

XP mostly with SP1, one machine with SP2, but that's my media server so this version isn't going anywhere near that just yet
    --Rob