Thread: Bug: Windows Update fails

Default Bug: Windows Update fails

XP SP2 when going to the windows update site, i crashed twice. once the screen went blank (monitor lost video signal and went into power saving mode, but computer still ran, i was able to use keyboard commands and blindly shutdown the computer.... oddly, it shut down that time, even though girder was (at least it was before the video was lost) running).

the second time, as i was selecting an item, it just crashed on me.

third time, i booted up, quit girder, went to automatic updates, and it worked fine.
    <sig>
    </sig>

Can you try this without having any plugins loaded? Then start adding plugins back if it works.
    Ron
    No support through PM

Quote Originally Posted by Ron
    Can you try this without having any plugins loaded? Then start adding plugins back if it works.
    this is girder installed, and i hadn't touched it. so no plugins were loaded.
    <sig>
    </sig>

That is odd. I will have to check it out myself. It is on the buglist.
    Ron
    No support through PM

Sorry I tried this today on my WinXP SP2 PC, and with Alpha 2 I cannot reproduce this bug. We will stay on the lookout.
    Ron
    No support through PM

Quote Originally Posted by Ron
    Sorry I tried this today on my WinXP SP2 PC, and with Alpha 2 I cannot reproduce this bug. We will stay on the lookout.
    i did another windows update just the other day, and it went fine then... it might of been a certain update like .net or something, i'd need a fresh install of SP2 and girder to check it again, so i have no clue what was causing it.
    <sig>
    </sig>