Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Initial impressions

Default Initial impressions

I found the interface to be aesthetically pleasing; very neat and organized.
    I was totally lost at first until I figured out that I needed to switch it to expert view. I'm still kind of lost, but I have a better Idea now of what I'm doing.
    All of the links were lost for my enable/disable commands from my old GML. I noticed that the "getting started" documentation wasn't there yet.
    When you save your file, it retains the same name on the right side as the GML that you imported; if you import a file called whatever_v11.GML and then save whatever_v12.GML, then it still says whatever_v11.GML on the right side (I'm not sure if this is a flaw, but thought I'd mention it in case)
    For some reason I still can't get my enable/disable commands to work. My main enable/disable command is ^` (control-`) to enable/disable mode change, but I'm missing something. On testing the commands they are functional. I can see the group folders changing their opacity.
    I'd really like to try to save my old GML, but If I absolutely have to I will start from scratch again. What have the rest of you done? I hope I'm not too slow to keep up! ops:

Thanks for your initial impressions, I will address your concerns tomorrow.
    Ron
    No support through PM

Hi,

I'd really like to try to save my old GML, but If I absolutely have to I will start from scratch again. What have the rest of you done? I hope I'm not too slow to keep up!
    I have been wondering the same thing, but have just not had time too play. Althou it would be a good way of forcing a GML clean up!
    Thx, Dan

Onwards and Upwards!
    http://www.danward.co.uk

You should be able to load the old GML's and plugins willing it should work as before... with the exception of lua, since we upgraded to a new version there are some differrences. Also the lua stuff is under some heavy development at the moment so play around with it but don't put in hours and hours of development since things are in a state of flux.
    Ron
    No support through PM

The GML loads and retains its structure, but one thing that I have noticed so far is that all of my enable/disabnle group commands want me to specify a node again.
    One suggestion I have that would make my life easier is in the "tree picker" (?) would be that it starts off collapsed. It's a major pain to have to scroll down the entire thing everytime to get to the node I need to reach. Thanks for considering it.

The name of the GML on the right side in the treeview is actually not the filename but a name that you decide to give it. During import Girder sets that name to the filename. However after that you can change it to anything you llike.

I imported a G3.3 file that had a group enable in into G4 and it worked for me, can you send me the original offending file?
    Ron
    No support through PM

Treepicker now only expands the node that is selected.
    Ron
    No support through PM

Awesome. Thanks!

That'll make my conversion process a lot quicker and easier.

Also the lua stuff is under some heavy development at the moment so play around with it but don't put in hours and hours of development since things are in a state of flux.
    Any ideas what or is it a secret? :wink:
    Thx, Dan

Onwards and Upwards!
    http://www.danward.co.uk

Lua has objects for example the 'extend' object. (Open the variable inspector and click on the extend table). We are however changing in what object functions appear, so coding now would mean you'd have to redo some stuff.
    Ron
    No support through PM

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast